I had my weekend visit with my son. It went fairly well, no major hitches. We stayed at a hotel again. I really don't like all the dragging in and out but what's a girl to do? Especially when your little boy is looking up at you with those eyes saying how much better that is....
I did try to pack better. I had one tub that had all of our food, and everything we would need to hold it, heat it and eat it. I had one tub with all of the toys in it. I had one smallish bag with my clothes and some clothes for my son. Then I brought a bag for a magazine, my coupons and the dvd player. We are not going to take the tv/vcr into the room anymore as it is just too much to drag in. Little man did not ask for it either. And of course our pillows. I cannot sleep without my own pillow.
We went christmas shopping on Saturday. We had a good time picking out something for all of the family. I told him one present for each person which is my mom and dad, and my sis, her husband and their two kids. And of course he had to pick out something for the cats. He always wants to get something for the cats. So far he has picked really well and the cats like the toys. Which means they totally destroy it and tear it into shreds! And I am okay with that as it means that my shoes and shoestrings are left alone, at least sometimes.
Anyway the visit. We had fun and played cars, watched the movie Open Season, which is a really funny movie, and played a couple of board and card games. I took him home on Saturday night and went back to the hotel to wait for Sunday morning. Sunday morning I pick him up and we go back to the hotel. We had another day of lots of fun. The only thing we did different at the hotel was he took a bath to play with his bath toys. He has this ship that has removeable pieces so that you can put it together however you want and it will break down to make about five different ships. It also came with a diver figure, a captain figure, an oyster (although we call it the clam), and the best part according to my son-the shark. The shark actually has a fin that you depress and it opens his mouth so you can shove the diver, captain and clam in and it falls down to the shark stomach. The stomach opens so you can dig them back out when you want to. He will play in the water with the shark and ship set until I make him get out. So I guess that makes it worth the dragging all the stuff in just to watch him really enjoy the shark eating everything.
After we had to check out of the hotel, we went to walmart because little man told me he wanted to pick out some ideas for us to get him for christmas. I said okay simply because I did not have any idea of what we should go do. Instead of picking out toys he heads straight to the electronics section and starts telling me how he wishes he could have the Nintendo DS, and some of the games. Then he starts playing the different games they have out for folks to "test drive". I don't know what game station it was, but he found a game where you raced a motorcycle, monster truck, or regular car or truck. When you crash or run the boost to long it actually shows the explosion. And if you get too close to the edge and slide off, it shows you falling down into the ravine. He thought that was really funny and played the game for a long time. It was fun just watching his facial expressions when he crashed or actually finished the race. Finally I told him that we were there for him to pick out toys which of course means that he will find something he can't live without, can he please please please have it now. No you cannot have it now, these are christmas ideas. It makes him mad but I tell him he will get over it. When we are just about out of time, I tell little man it is time to go so we can grab a happy meal for him. He eats his happy meal and watches a movie on the way back to his dad's, all the while telling me how much he misses me and how much he loves me and how much he wants to come home. It just makes me want to cry, but I cannot do that cuz it will make little man cry and I certainly don't want to do that. I will just give him lots of hugs and kisses and wait for the next time. And keep hoping and wishing that he will get to come home soon so I can hug and kiss him every day. Tuck him in every day. Just see him every day. What a wonderful time that will be.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment