Well, I have not completely bailed on my resolutions. Yippee!
I am watching what I eat, but was not quite as prepared for my diet foods as I thought. I will have to make a special run to the store next time I get paid and then start the diet. So, I have not lost any weight yet, but I have not gained any more.
I have also started organizing. I have finished the bathroom, the "cat room", and the kitchen. I will not have more time for it this week, but plan the purging of the kitchen some time next week. I have already purged the bathroom and "cat room". I call it the "cat room" because that is where I store my hounded litter and keep the litter boxes. The dryer is in there along with the weedeater and some cabinets that I keep things like paint and light bulbs in as well, but it was dubbed the "cat room" and so it shall stay named.
I have also been hounding and getting free or darn near free stuff with the cvs $3 off coupon. I have gotten some great deals with that lovely little coupon! I also went to kmart on Sunday for double coupons! I got $85 worth of merchandise for only $35 including tax! I am quite pleased. I got a lot of cereal, drinks, some shampoo, soup and a lot of other stuff! It was fun! I can also mail in for a $5 gift card from the cereal!
No saving money out of this check. I wish I had gotten my power bill before the kmart run as I would not have gone or at least only gotten things that would be free after coupons. I nearly had heart failure......Are you ready for this? I sure wasn't-$300.49. For ONE month! AAAAAHHHHH! I know that it will only get higher as this colder air pushes in and we actually have a few more months of it. I already keep my heat on 60 degrees and run a space heater in the kithchen and bathroom to keep the pipes from freezing (that happened last year!). Let me tell you, it is cold in my drafty bedroom when I get up in the morning. I live in a house that is almost 90 years old. It has original windows that have the pully system in them, which means that a rope and pully actually is what opens and closes them. They are super cool with their old wavy glass, but also have holes in them for the ropes to travel through them so the air just pushes out every time the furnace kicks on and rushes in every time the wind blows. I tried plastic over them, but my kitties stated their opinion of me covering their windows by shredding the plastic, so no more plastic over the windows. I will increase my search for a job when I come back from visiting my son this weekend just to pay my power apparently.
I go to see my son this weekend. I will actually leave on Thursday night around midnight. I am taking my mom, sister, bil, and their two children, and we are celebrating christmas as a family. I really hope they sleep okay. My sister says they will, but I am not so sure. I think what will happen is that when I get there we will load the van and put in carseats, and when we put the girls in they will wake up and be unhappy for hours as this will be the time they normally sleep. The good news is if they do, them crying will keep me awake. No falling asleep with two babies crying in the car! Then on Friday I go and meet with my atty and sign papers. I hope this means we are getting closer to going back to court. I hope, I hope, I hope!!! I am so ready for all of this to be over so we can move on with our lives. Hey, I can teach my son how to hound when he gets home! That would sure be fun! And it would be a learning experience for him as well. Nothing like learning math by figuring how much money you can save.
This is a whatever strikes my fancy portion. I recently read a blog about one person being annoyed by another. As will always happen somewhere. I did not get the blog until I saw another post somewhere else, so I decided to revisit the blog and I am now glad that I did. I got a clearer understanding of some comments that I had recently read and did not make sense to me. I also got more information than I had as I had missed some posts altogether. One of the discussions was over whether a particular person was showing signs of depression, which of course was denied. I personally do not know if the person is depressed or not. I do know, however, that depression shows itself with many faces. It is not something to take lightly. I have looked into depression, some of the symptoms are mood swings, easily irritated, listlessness, being tired, not being able to be rational, not being able to make decisions, not being able to sleep and stressing out over things to name a few. If these symptoms describe you, please talk to your doctor. Depression is nothing to joke about or ignore. I would also ask if any of my posts make you feel like I am down in the dumps or if I sound depressed please tell me. I do not think that I am depressed (stressed yes), but sometimes it takes someone from outside your own sphere to see the symptoms that can be missed by ones own self or immediate family.
Here is another strikes my fancy: What is with all this cold weather. I am going to be loading my van tomorrow night for the trip (what is already packed anyway) and it is going to get down to like one degree. EEWWWWWW! And the next night when we leave it will be down to -2 degrees. What is the deal here? I do not like cold to begin with, and now I have to be out in it loading a vehicle. This just is not fair. (Sitting here with my lip out pouting!!!) Oh well, at least we are going south so it will be slightly warmer. Not warm just warmer. Certainly not a play outside warm, but not a freeze any exposed skin cold!!! :) Good thing I got out my "wooly mammoth coat"! It is really long with (fake) fur on the inside with suede on the outside. It covers me from my neck all the way down to my ankles. It weighs a ton but is really warm! When I add a hat, scarf, and gloves, I am like Dancinmama, I am in disguise and no one know who I am!
I am out of time here for posting, so have a good day all, and try not to freeze, unless of course you are a lucky dog out in the southwest, and then don't rub it in with your warm temps!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I hope you have a good family Christmas.
Thank you very much. I think we will.
Dear Central;
I know that often the situation we are going through is depressing, and so we cannot help but get down about it, but I never get the impression that "depression" has the upper hand with you - especially the way you are moving your life forward with actions and resolutions for the future. So many people would give up, but you keep your son's best interests as the most important thing in your life. Here's wishing for good news and happy times this year!
Aloha,
Hitenney
I hope you enjoy your visit and stay warm. Also, you can try to insulate your windows with cotton balls (they're free if you use $3 CVS coupon)- press them tightly into areas between windows and wall. And try applying Ceran Wrap - clingy kind to the actual window. that way it will be snugg but still clear so the sun comes through but not cold air. Good luck!
Central-
Hope you had a nice Christmas visit with your son. I also just recently became aware of "the blog situation" which you mentioned- and I do agree that depression wears many faces- but in that case I really do think it is depression. (I took one look at this person's blog and it was very hostile and used a lot of terms towards others which were not neccesary. It was kinda scary- I don't care to look again.) Many people have tried to help and they have just been insulted and called names.
I know that there are days when you feel down- we all do- but you keep on going and don't sit around making excuses for why you can't change things. You keep your focus on the important thing- your son- and keep on pushing. Knowing your situation, if you're having a rotten day, by all means express it on your blog if it makes you feel any better- we'll still read it and offer whatever support we can. Hopefully 2009 will be a kind year!
Post a Comment