Well, I am back from my visit with my son. And guess what? That's right, no hearing. It does not really surprise me. I did get another date on Monday from my attorney. This time the hearing is set for Tuesday, November 24th. Hopefully this time the hearing will happen. I had a great time with my son this past weekend. We played alot and spent some time just sitting together. He was feeling better, or so he said. He was a little bit more tired and a little bit less active. But all in all, he seemed to be better. He did eat really well too.
For our visit around the hearing, I will see S on the 21st and 22nd, meet with the attorney on the 23rd. Have the hearing on the 24th, hang out on the 25th, and see S again for Thanksgiving holiday on the 26th and 27th. That's a lot of living at a hotel. Not my favorite, but better than the cold wet campgrounds. Man, I can't believe how wet it has been this year. It's been hard to camp some weekends. A few times we ended up just going to the hotel because it rained so much. Other times we toughed it out and hoped we didn't get washed away.
My mom and I learned how to cook in a dutch oven over a fire this summer. That was some tasty eatin'. We made a pork stew. I found a store that carries large cans of pork. I have never had canned pork like that and thought we would give it a try since it needs no refrigeration prior to opening and that makes it handy when camping. So we took some onions, potatoes, celery and carrots to put in it. We added some spices that I always have in the camping kit (salt, pepper steak seasoning, and garlic). We also brought along a bit of cornstarch to make a thickening sauce, and dumped it all in. That was it. We put it over the fire and let it cook up and it was really good. It does not take very long to cook, and it stays warm for a long time as well.
The pork we used was not like the canned ham that I have found in the grocery stores. It was like a roasted pork loin that had been cooked and then stuck in the can. I think it would have made great BBQ as well. I do plan to try that next time. The can was a big can too. I think it was like 28 ounces or something. Enough to feed a whole bunch of us. And even better was the price. I only paid around $5 for a little over two pounds, instead of the $1 + I spend on the cans that are only around 5 ounces. If you can find some in your area, it is worth the price for the convenience of precooked ham that does not have to be kept cold.
So have you found any neat food items in your searches for good deals? Made anything tasty lately?
Parenting Without My Partner Is Just Easier
1 week ago




4 comments:
Hi Central - Your post brought back memories for me of camping with my son. Although Dad was the one who finally said yes to DS when he kept bugging us to join Cub Scouts, except for one time, I was the one who always went along on the trips. Cub Scouts are always parent-cub activities, at least for camping, then when you get to Boy Scouts, there have to be at least 2 adults to at least 2 boys. Anyway, one annual weekend camp-out was centered around a dutch-oven cookoff, and each patrol (3 in our troop) would find a recipe to make. There are many on the internet, and lots for breakfast with eggs, meat potatoes and cheese. And so tasty in the fresh air (but not so much in the rain!). Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
hitenney
I think you have court on this coming Tuesday....just writing to wish you good luck.
Hope you get your court appt and it will be in your favor. Keep your spirits up and don't give up.
Hi Central I was thinking about you and your son and hoping that everything is progressing along in your favor. Hope you update us all soon. ((((hugs)))
Cheapdate
Post a Comment