Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bad Directions, Pumpkins and Ice Cream

Well, the court date looms closer. No new problems have arrived. Next step is to tell my ex's attorney that I have a new address in state. It should make a huge difference in me being able to get my son back. They knew that I moved, but I never told them exactly where. Safety first, you know. I told my attorney who told his attorney, who told my ex, who told my son. That way my son could start asking and my ex could find me. Ha Ha. I am NOT telling a 10 year old anything. He will let things slip, even if he doesn't mean to. I didn't want my ex, or his friends, to be able to find me before I was ready.

Now my attorney is mailing the whatever it is that he has to file to show my new address in state. That means that within a week or so, my ex will have my address. He will come to find me or send his friends to.

Haha on him again. They will never find it. They re-routed the road that I live on a few years ago and apparently the change doesn't show up on the maps or GPS. We couldn't even find it when we were trying to look at the house to rent. We had to call for directions from the owner. My mom has GPS, and hers gave the wrong directions too. Of course, that doesn't mean he won't find it, but it won't be easy for him! They probably also aren't counting on the fact that we already alerted the landlord that lives directly in front of us and our other neighbors to the fact that he will be looking for me.

My landlord has about 100 acres and five houses on the property. We all get along really well, and they don't take to kindly to the idea that someone may want to come here and start trouble. And between all of us, someone is always home. Someone will always be around to see if someone comes up the driveway. That will put a damper on their plans!

My mom and I both had "stuff" happen to our vehicles when I lived up in Illinois. We know it was them, but of course proving it was a little difficult. Now, if they come around to mess with my car again, they will get caught. That would be nice to have them caught red-handed.

Of course, I realize that they may never come here and that I am just over-reacting. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am jumping to conclusions about their behavior. Maybe their past behavior will not be in indication of their future behavior. Yeah, right.

Creepy has not been creepy lately. He has been thoroughly enjoying our visits. He is still not talking on the phone too much, but I don't worry about that as much now that he is having more fun and enjoying his time with me again. We went to the local pumpkin patch this past weekend and had a great time. Then we went and got ice cream. It was a beautiful weekend and we both had a lot of fun.

I have one more weekend visit and one holiday visit before the hearing. Keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

spaghetti0625 said...

If I were you, I would invest in a monitoring system. A friend of my DH's did it when his car kept getting damaged in his parking spot at home (townhouse complex). He's good with technical stuff, so he did it himself, but I'm sure you can google and find something. Some kind of camera that looks to your driveway, and on some kind of motion sensor so it only goes one when movement occurs. That way , IF something does happen, you have proof :)
I would also possibly notify the police as well....better to be proactive then reactive!

Just call me Yankee said...

That is a good idea and one I will check out. I haven't alerted the police department because we are way out in the country and the county sheriff's department is the one that would have to patrol and I see them out here pretty often. Usually during the day but I am not sure about night since I am sleeping. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your posts and wish you would update more frequently.