Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Savings!

Taking a leaf out of Precious' book, I am going to keep track of all the ways that I save. I will probably not be able to do this every day, but will aim for once a week.

This past week so far I have saved in the following ways:
1. I have only driven to work and home, no extra trips anywhere, since last week, no trips out over the weekend either.
2. I have only eaten out of my stockpile, no store runs for me.
3. I washed my clothes in cold water and hung several things to air dry.
4. I turned off the space heater in my kithchen/bathroom area, and left the furnace set to 60 degrees.
5. I made milk out of the powdered milk to use when eating cereal and cooking.
6. I batch cooked several meals and desserts to only turn on the oven once.
7. I used my crockpots to cook two different varieties of meat for future meals. I let them cool on the counter before putting in the fridge to cool completly before packing into containers for freezing.
8. I have brought my lunch to work (I usually do) and have not stopped for anything while at work -not even for donuts! Donuts are my weakness....I love donuts, I could eat them all day every day. I have banned donuts from my life for now in my attempt to lose weight!

I did send out some woofies last week, but do not count that as spending as I received some woofies in the previous couple of weeks that more than covered the cost of the stamps I used.

I love saving, and helping others save too! This is so much fun!

1 comment:

Chicagolandia said...

Wow, I've done soem of these things. I only wash clothes in cold water, I batch cook every Sunday, and I too have banned donuts. I didn't have the heart to ban cookies, though. They are my only vice.
Thanks for offering to print the Wild Harvest Q's for me.

http://wildharvestorganic.com/products/