Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What to Cook Wednesday

Here is another recipe for you. Like last week, I do not have any special name for it, unless I should call it an a la Centralil recipe!

This week's recipe is an egg/tuna/chicken salad recipe. Since it is starting to warm up, this is a great dinner that is not too heavy, but is pretty filling.

I use can tuna and chicken because I can almost always find that fairly cheap around here. It also makes it easy to throw together. No precooking the chicken, and no cutting it up before hand. You most definitely could use "regular" chicken though. I have before when I had chicken already on hand.

1. one can of chicken or tuna (if using)
2. 2 hard boiled eggs
3. 1 generous tablespoon of mayo (if not using meat, just use 2/3 of a tablespoon-eyeball it)
4. 1/2-1 teaspoon of mustard (I use plain old yellow mustard-start with the 1/2 tsp and add more if you think you want more)
5. celery seed
6. onion powder

Using a pastry blender if you have one, cut up the eggs in a bowl. If you are using the tuna/chicken add it. Then add a pinch of celery seed and a dash of onion powder. Put in the mustard and mayo and mix. Serve with crackers or on bread.

1 comment:

Chicagolandia said...

Great idea - especially with summer coming - got to love light, simple meals!