Monday, June 8, 2009

My Relatively Cheap Weekend

I am glad to say that I only spent about $260 this weekend. That is really cheap! I splurged-I did buy my son a new ds game-he wanted star wars(we got the kids lego version). I don't mind getting him something once in a while that stays with me. I do get tired of buying things that he wants to take back to his dad's. I realize that he just wants to have his toys, but why should I spend my hard earned money on something that I will never see again. I spent almost $22 on the game. High but not as high as if we had purchased it new. We bought it used.

We also went on the waterslide again. Boy am I sore from that. My son wanted to go down the slide backwards like one of the other boys did. He does not like to go down alone, so we are riding together face to face and right after we start, he panics. He grabs a hold of me and knocks me over, so I am crashing into the side of the slide trying to keep him from getting hurt. We both wound up with scraped elbows. On another trip down he wanted to go behind me and he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me backwards on top of him. I was so worried that I was going to drown him when we got to the bottom. On yet another trip down, he was in front of me and we really had some speed going down and when we get to the bottom, we both lose our footing, I am under the water trying to hold him above the water. Well, he doesn't put his feet down so we both went under. Not a big deal to me, but it really bothers S. I finally was able to stand up and get him up on his feet and he just keeps goofing off like he is drowning. Goofy boy. Then this other boy wants to ride down with us and S is okay with that. I try to hang onto the mats and still hold on to S but not run into the boy. S has got his legs locked so I know that he will kick the boy in the head if he doesn't pull his legs up. I pull them up for him, and we still ended up with S's knees plowing into the back of this boy. (I never did ask his name) We tried all sorts of ways with S in front, me in front, and this other boy in front. Inevitably, someone got a bump or a bruise. I have ended up with sore arms from holding S up out of the water at the end of the slide, a sore back where I got plowed into and from hitting the side in some of our more daring tries. I also have bruised and scraped elbows (both) and knees (both again), and had a head ache all day yesterday from plowing into S and hitting my jaw on his head. He had a headache too. Even the bottoms of my feet are sore. I have blisters and bruises from walking up the concrete path to get to the top of the slide. But boy was it fun! I will however be buying sandals of some sort to wear so my feet don't get torn up again.

I only ate out once this weekend on the way down. Around dinnertime, I realized I did not pack anything that I could just eat that would be a meal. I only had snacks that did not have to be cooked. I stopped at Subway to try a sandwich I had heard advertised on the radio. It was the Tuscan chicken melt. It was very good. I am not usually a fan of subway really, but I will definitely consider this sandwich again if I need sustenance on a trip...That is already cooked anyway.

It was the last trip for my poor old van. I am just really glad to have made it home. I think the transmission is ready to go and I am not sure what else is wrong with it, but it just was not running well. Thank goodness---I FOUND A MOTOR HOME FINALLY!!!!!! I have it at my mechanics being checked out so I did not take it this weekend until I get his blessing. I hope it is A-OK so I can take it to see my son next time. I bought it about 150 miles from where I live and it drove pretty much okay on the way back. A few little things, but it is an older model so it will be cheaper and easier than my van to work on and get parts for. It is a 1976, so there is not really any electronics to go bad. Either it will run or it won't. I can't wait to take it down and show my son, he will be just as excited as me!

3 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

Sounds like you had a good time - bruises and all!

American Dreamer said...

I am so glad that you had fun with your son. :-)

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had such a great weekend with your son. The waterslide sounds like SO MUCH fun!