I talked to my attorney on Friday after my deposition. He told me what a "fabulous" idea it was to move down there and to move as soon as possible. That gave me the thumbs up I was looking for. So now I have set plans in motion for moving.
When I got to work on Monday, I told my boss that I did not have an official date, but that he needed to talk to his boss to let him know that I was leaving. It is up in the air as to whether my job will remain in the office that I am currently in, or if it will be moved into another office. If it is left in my office, then I will give at least four weeks notice for them to hire someone so I can train the person. If it is moved to the other office, they get two weeks. The big boss man does not know that part. And I have no intention of telling him. The office that they will want to move the job into is with the bitch from hell who has made my job miserable. She is
That being said, if I can leave this job to her, and leave them unprepared for how intense my job is, how detail oriented, how hard it actually is, I absolutely will. Revenge is sweet. I will give a cursory training to her and - get this- her son (cause he apparently is not capable of getting a job working for anyone but mommy) and give them my binder with all my notes. That is all. They can figure it out all by themselves.
So, the director and assistant director of my department catch the big boss man and go to his office to let him know that I am leaving. They let him know that I did not give an official date yet, but that it will be sooner rather than later. He needs to make a decision because he already took another employee out of our office to work in a different one, and my leaving will leave this office very short staffed. He said that he needed to talk to the woman that runs the other office (where my job could go) and then make a decision. That means the job will be going to the other office. She has been trying for two years to get my job in there and get me put back on probation ( I have worked for this company for 4 1/2 years now and almost 7 years total) so she could fire me. Fortunately, I have pals in places that would not allow that to happen. Now that I am leaving, the job will be open for her to take.
The big boss man said he would talk to her yesterday afternoon. As far as I know he has not. I am waiting anxiously to hear/see her reaction. She will not be pleased as we are in the middle of closing our fiscal year and trying to play catch up where she sat on the payables for two months. Isn't that nice? She sat on the accounts payable for two months saying she simply did not have time to get it all done, then piles all of them on me in a week and a half (funny how she could suddenly get them all done at once) and is being pissy with me that I am taking so long to get them done. I told her she would get them on my schedule as I had a lot of stuff to do and would follow my schedule to make sure I did not forget anything.
So the pissy side in me is hoping that they take this job and move it to her office and I can give my two weeks and not get all the payables caught up. Let her deal with them in her office. I probably wouldn't really do that, just because the responsible worker in me says I shouldn't, but it is really tempting.
So I guess what this long winded rambling post is about is that they know now that I am leaving, but things are still up in the air. It really has no effect on me one way or the other. I will do my thing regardless of what their decision is. I will do my job and get my work done. Hopefully, before I leave, because that is just how I roll.




2 comments:
Congratulations! I hope this move goes well for you.
Thank you. Except that it means that I am moving far away from you, and now it will probably be ages before I am able to see you again. Like it hasn't been ages already....
Post a Comment