Well, I spent last weekend with Creep again. It was beautiful weather. We went to the campgrounds and got a campsite. I put up the tent and got out the chairs and his bike. We walked around the campgrounds. Well, I walked and he rode. The lazy little creep could not even ride his bike as far as I could walk. He kept telling me how tired he was. I swear if it weren't for the sports he plays down at his dad's he would be a couch potato. Actually he is a couch potato except when he is at practice or the games.
Anyway, we lounged in the sunshine. We watched some movies, we napped. All in all, it was a fun and relaxing weekend. No creepiness at all. He still doesn't want to talk on the phone at night when I call, but the visits are improving again. I think maybe he had spring fever and just needed to have someone to spend some time outside with. I like to play outside too, so it was no stretch for me to be out there with him.
We also spent a lot of time just talking. Not about anything major, or even anything important. Just chatting, and making sure that I listened. He tells me frequently that no one listens to him or looks at him when he is talking. I try really hard to make sure that he has my full attention when we are together. I want him to know and feel that he is important. Not just because I am his mom, but because he is important as a person. He has value, other than just being my child. He has value, and has his own opinions, and he can share them with me. I don't have to agree with him, and he knows that. It was just really nice to be able to talk and chat about nothing of consequence. Sort of like the dinner chat that can sometimes be heard around the dinner table.
It was really hard to take him back on Sunday evening. The visit had gone so well, and we both enjoyed ourselves so much, that neither of us wanted the day to end. Of course he did not want to talk on the phone when I called. I can deal with that though, if we can continue to connect on the visits.
I really need to get out the camera agian and get some pictures to put up here. He is growing up so fast. He looks totally different than he did when he was home last. He doesn't have even the slightest of baby-ness to his face now. And boy is he getting tall.
How about you mom's(or auntie's or cousins) out there, have you ever turned around and a little one was no longer little? Like they grew up suddenly when you weren't looking?
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment