I have posted many times that I call my son every night. I have also posted recently that he won't talk to me anymore on the phone. I asked him over the weekend why he wasn't talking on the phone anymore. The answer was a vague "I don't like to talk on the phone anymore". No particular reason why, just don't. I let it go figuring he would either share more or move past whatever faze this was.
Well, last night, wonder of wonders, he talked to me for the whole time allowed. He was very chatty, and friendly even. When it was time to go, by orders not choice, he was actually sad to have to hang up. This made me feel much better than I have for a long time. I felt like he was pulling away from me. After last night, I know that is not exactly what he is doing. He might be some for the sake of "showing" his dad he his, but he does still want to talk to me and want to hear what I have to say. I feel better. Now, hopefully, he will continue to talk to me as the nights unfold in the next few weeks (or months) until this is all settled and I can talk to him every day, face to face.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment