Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Made Bread - Again

And this time I took pictures of my ugly bread!


This is the bread as soon as I was done shaping it.



This is the bread when it was rising. It looked more like spreading than rising, but whatever, it worked out in the end...
This was the bread when it was done baking. I wish I had scratch and sniff, it was heavenly. The loaf on the right stuck to the mat I was using so it kinda just fell on to the baking stone. It was a little misshapen, but this is my ugly bread after all.
And this is me cutting into the tasty ugly good smelling bread.
And here is the wonderful yummy insides of the bread. Oh, the smell......Have I mentioned that it smelled absolutely divine?

And meet Blue and Magenta, my friends when I cut myself while trying to cut the bread......

Hope you enjoyed looking at my ugly tasty bread. It is super easy to make following the recipe in the bread book that I got the other day: Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day. It was easy to mix, easy to make, easy to smell.....wait that was not part of making it. It was easy all around, especially easy to slice my finger open. Man, that knife is sharp.....

6 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

That ugly breadlooks absolutely divine - remember, it'sn ot ugly, it's artisan. There's a huge mark-up in that!

Pubbler said...

Yummy. There's nothing like homemade bread. Reminds me of when I was a kid :-)

frugalsuz said...

Yum, that looks great!

slugmama said...

Excuse my short comment....I need to go clear the drool off of my monitor screen.lol
Nice stuff!

American Dreamer said...

Your bread is not UGLY! It looks wonderful!

Virginia Mom said...

My Grandma always says the uglier a cake looks, the better it tastes! That rule MUST apply to homemade bread, too! Good job! (Love the Blue's Clues bandaids, by the way- we have SpongeBob and High School Musical bandaids around here....they look divine on an adult's boo-boo, let me tell ya! :)