Lots of us would like to say that we would like to be part of a book club. We say that we wish we had more time to read. We say that we wish we had time to get together to discuss said books. We just don't ever have time. We can't get out tonight for the meeting. We have a baby sleeping in the evenings. We have a sick kid. We have lots of excuses of why we can't. Well, now we can. I found a book club for the likes of me. The Slow Readers Book Club. Excerpted: "Don't let the name fool you- it's not for literally slow readers (although, if you are, we don't judge) and it's not as exclusive as a 'club'. this is an opportunity to take part of a movement that needs a revelation to slow down and take a few minutes in our day to disconnect, reenergize and even be a part of helping our communities and environment, via The Slow Movement."
-Diana
The first book will be Half Broken Horses by Jeannette Walls. I am going to check my library to see if they have it before buying it. There will be two months to read the books, however, since this already started, it finishes on March 4th. Go check out the website to sign in and be a part of the book discussion when we are all done reading! I am really excited to participate in this.




3 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you're going to do it too. I bought the book only because I live in a small town with such a small library the wait for new books is too long.
See if it you find it on half.com or even overstock. com - I love half.com for books!
Chicago, thanks for the suggestions. I should have known you would know where to get it for a great price!
Post a Comment