Okay boys and girls. On to guy number two. "C" as we shall call him. Totally hot C, by the way in case I didn't mention that yet. I did? Well it was certainly worth mentioning again. Yeah, we went out a couple of times. We had coffee, stopped just to chat, stopped by to chat another time, with kisses. Then I didn't hear from him for like a week. Whatever, it's not like I hopped in the sack with him, so no loss. Then out of the blue, he calls back. Yeah let's get together again. I am thinking at this point that he seems like a really nice guy. So we get together and we're chatting, and oopsy. He let this slip- not sure if on accident or on purpose. Here we go, are you ready for it? He is married. The bast***. No ring on, of course. I obviously would have noticed that before. So, I tell him that I am not cool with that. He starts talking about how unhappy they are and that he doesn't want to be married to her, he only stays for his kids. Well, that just makes it all better doesn't it? (do you hear the snarky in there?) What did he think I was born yesterday? It can't be all that bad if you are still married, dude. I left. So Strike Out again.
Don't forget that in the meantime is when I went out with my friend for New Year's Eve. I know that guy is not an avenue to pursue for a relationship, but he is a good guy and a good friend. Just what a guy wants to hear, I know.
But, don't get discouraged, the story shall continue. I met another guy at the bar one night while sitting there with my dad. I was just sitting there drinking my Diet Pepsi and here he comes. Another cutie. I talk to him for a bit, give him my number and make plans to see him the next day. We meet and play a couple of games of pool. Then the next day comes the next round of bad news. Yeah, he's married too. And oh, so unhappy. I got the same story. WTF? Can't they even come up with a new story, something flambouyant and different, at least, like- she is a pod person, she had been abducted by aliens and is no longer the person he met and fell in love with. He couldn't possibly be happy with the pod person/alien and now he certainly needs to get out there and play the field again so the new girl can be the sacrifice to the aliens when he tries to rescue his wife. And what is it with married guys that don't wear their wedding rings. That was rhetorical of course. They can't pick someone up if they are proudly sporting a wedding band. So Stike Out, again. The next one that hit on me was upfront about it, sort of. After we have dinner, he told me he has a girlfriend, but it's not serious, would I like to go out again? Um, what do you mean by girlfriend but not serious? If the relationship is serious enough to call her your girlfriend, it's too serious for us to go out. Yeah, well, she is more serious than him, she stays at his house a lot, but he doesn't want to marry her, so he's still playing the field, trying to find the right girl. Umm, Strike Out. For him, not me. Even if he does have a nice house and an awesome truck.
I had just about given up with the cute guys, thinking they must all be taken. Cuz while the nice, but not totally cute guys that I've dated wind up crazy and nuts, the cute ones all end up "involved" in some way or another. Well, I won't give up. Even if they turn out to be crazy or taken, I'm still having fun, and getting a lot of free dinners out. I would not have paid to eat out this many times. I just know now to ask first. Are you married, happily or not? Are you living with someone? Do you have a girlfriend, and by girlfriend, I mean anyone that you are seeing that maybe you don't think is serious but she does and you have been out more than once or twice or perhaps met her parents?
Seriously, what is wrong with guys in general that this behavior is okay? I mean, I get it, I am a nut magnet. But WTF is wrong with this picture that all of these guys are attached to someone else and they are out there flirting and hitting on girls. Is nothing sacred anymore? Are there no morals anymore? Don't people have internal moral compasses that prevents them from doing this kind of stuff. Like CHEATING!?!?!? How is that okay in their book? Just because you are not happily married does not give you the right to cheat on your spouse. If these guys were not happily married, why are they still married? I was married and unhappy, so I got divorced. I was "involved" with my son's dad (capt obvious there) and when things went bad, I din't stay and cheat on him. I left. I don't know that they are truely unhappy. Or maybe they are, but just aren't man enough to do the right thing. In which case I don't want them anyway. And if they think it's okay to step out now, they will most certainly think it's okay later. That won't be on me. I don't play that game. But I do keep trying. I will tell you about Mail Man next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
"Can't they even come up with a new story, something flambouyant and different, at least, like- she is a pod person, she had been abducted by aliens and is no longer the person he met and fell in love with."
hahaha! exactly. Don't they realize they ALL tell the same story?
And honestly, it does make you wonder what is wrong with people. It's like those of us in healthy marriages with no cheating are the exception rather than the rule...
Cathy, It makes me sad to think that you two are an exception. I am glad you are good to each other, but how sad that there's not more couples like you guys. I am sure there are, and I know plenty of people in good marriages, just seems like there are a lot of loser cheater scummy dudes out there.
I think the need to find various mates goes back to the caveman days... and quite a few modern men seem to still have caveman ways! :)
*snort* No kidding on the caveman ways!
Post a Comment