Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mail Man

Well, Mail Man is actually available. And also cute. And also nice, smart, has manners, is respectful, and totally funny. He has kept me laughing for days. And a good kisser. He is a dad, so he understands about me trying to get S back, and that being a mom is a big important part of who I am. He has already told me that he understands the difficulties of being a single mom, because his mom was as well. She has since remarried, so that gives me hope.

Anyway, Mail Man. All I can say right now is wow. I already talked to him about not wanting or being able to make a commitment yet, and that I need to take this super slow and easy. He is actually okay with that and is not pressuring me at all over anything. He has not told me that he plans on changing me. He does not talk down to me. He does not act as if he needs to take care of me, or make my decisions. He is accepting of the things that I talked about with him. We agree on a lot, but not everything. He does live down south. It's a couple of hours from where my ex lives. So close enough that I can see him on my way down and back, but not so close that I would ever see my ex while there. Not that I don't want my ex to see me with someone, but because I don't want to subject anyone to my ex. I can also see him as he comes through my area on his route. I have met up with him a few times now. I have enjoyed all the time we have had together. And big plus, he has not critisized my friends or family. He knows that I am a daddy's girl and thinks that it's cute and funny. He knows by now that I am extremely stubborn and says that's okay, he is too. I am sure at some point we are going to butt heads and it may not be pretty. We talked about some of the goals we have in life and some of the things that we believe in, like morals and responsibility. And we seem to be on the same page for most of it. Particularly the lying and cheating that I talked about yesterday. He's not cool with that kind of behavior either. It is really nice to know that there are single guys out there with morals. And that they are not crazy. Well, at least he is not crazy yet. It's still early and you never know what will happen. He might be some kind of psycho ax murderer wanted in ten states. Or he could have some weirdo fetish that totally creeps me out. Like maybe eating toe jam. Or flashing his wonker in public. You never know. But this time, I really hope that we both stick around to find out. It could be fun.

**I would just lik to add that Mail Man is getting divorced, not single. I realized after posting that I put single as if he is not married and already divorced. The divorce is in process. He is available though.

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

*claps hands* YAY!

Virginia Mom said...

Hope "Mail Man" continues to be a guy worth getting involved with! Hey- so far he's nice, he seems to enjoy your company, he actually listens to what you say, and he has a job! :) Keep us posted!

Just call me Yankee said...

I know I am clapping my hands too! And I will definitely keep you posted!