Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Challenge-Update 3 April 18-19

I did go to my cousin's baby shower in Wisconsin this weekend with my mom. My sister decided to go and bring her older daughter (Drama Girl). Mom wanted to leave originally no later than 7 from her house. When my sister said she wanted to go, we knew we would never be able to leave that early. The latest my mom would leave? 7:30 Fine with me, it's a long drive. My sister picked me up at my house and we went to my mom's. I packed snacks with me so I would not have to buy anything on the way. We had a blast at the shower. Lots of good food and good times. We then drove back to my aunt's house which was about 45 minutes south of my cousin's house. We all gathered there to have a few drinks (although my knee had been killing me all day and I had taken several doses of pain killers so I drank nothing) and play on the WII. One of my cousins (M)brought over American Idol. She and my other cousin (S)that was there apparently have played before. They talked my, mom and my sister into playing. I usually don't sing in front of anyone cuz I don't think that I can sing, but in the spirit of fun I went ahead and joined in. M challenged my sister first then me and won both times. Then we did a group thing where someone gets eliminated each round. You sing the first two short songs, then full songs for the rest. I actually won both times. Then we paired up and sang duets. I sang with S and we won both times. My sister and I sang together one time and got the highest score possible. I think we did pretty good!


We played this until like one a.m. Then I could not sleep and basically napped a couple of times that night. I am not used to all the noise that goes on in my aunt's house, everything stays plugged in and runs all the time!



I got up as early as I dared figuring I would wake people up when I got into the bathroom to take a shower. Then as everyone started waking up we were discussing what we planned on doing for the day. I met a wonderful hound-friend, Chi-Annie, and we went shopping at Target. I had a blast. Even with the coupon hater cashier! I wish we lived closer so that we could go shopping more often!

Alas I did have to return to the regular world and go back to my aunt's house for lunch. Turns out they did not have any lunch plans as previously indicated. So my cousin S said she wanted to go to Red Lobster. We got pizza the night before and she missed out on the Red Lobster and really wanted some. So off we went. Well, we loaded the car first. Then we went to eat. Not too bad considering that we had three babies with us. And they were all really tired. Not to mention some of the adults were really tired. The food was alright. I personally am not a huge fan of Red Lobster, but of course I do not eat seafood, so my options are limited. Then it was finally time to go home. I always have a good time, but my cousins and their children are much more boisterous than my son or nieces. It is always good to go home anyway, no matter where you are coming from. The ride home was not too bad. My sister and Drama Girl fell asleep, so mom and I chatted. I called my son and waited on him to call back. We unloaded my mom's car into my sister's and started back to home. My son called about 2-3 minutes away from my house and it was raining, so I had to unload my stuff in the rain while trying to talk on a cell phone. Figures. But it was good to talk to him.

Overall, I spent almost $40 this weekend. I spent $14.78 at Target and gave my mom $20 since she was driving and she and my aunt are the ones who paid for the Red Lobster total that remained after all of our giftcards. I think she also paid a big portion of the pizza with my aunt, but I did not really eat pizza. I had half of one piece. I will probably also buy my mom some lunch in the next week or two. Or take her to CVS or something....

4 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

I had so much fun shopping at Target with you. That was one wicked coupon hatin' cashier.

spaghetti0625 said...

I'm the same way, I don't like seafood! A good friend of mine moved a few years back and me and my boyfriend at the time helped out almost every day during the move. Every night she treated us to dinner, so that was nice....the last afternoon of the move, she treated us to Red Lobster....I had the steak lol.

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had a good trip. It looks like you are working hard on your money challenge. Im starting mine after this weekend.
My friend used to own that american idol game and i LOVED it!

American Dreamer said...

Can I join you girls at Target next time?

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am jealous!