Thursday, April 16, 2009

Knee troubles







Well, I had to go to CVS last night to get a knee brace. Fortunately for me, they earn EB. I had to spend $15, but that was not a problem. The brace was $15.99. $5 EB for me! I decided while I was there to take advantage of a few sales going on. I bought five 12-packs of diet pepsi (this is a daily must for me!), four bottle of Sobe water, one knee brace, two sure deodorants, one softsoap, one Nivea BW, and four Nivea lip treatments. My end total was less than I would have paid for the knee brace alone. I paid $7.44 including tax and got back $16.99 in EB. I used 5*-$1 nivea, 1*-$1 for softsoap, 2*BOGO free for sobe, 1*-$1 for sure, 1*-$.75 for sure, free diet pepsi flavor q, and the diet pepsi was on sale buy 3 get one. I also used the $4 off $20 of beauty cvs q, and the rest was EB. I used about $32 in EB and only got back $16.99, but that would have happened even if I only got the brace and used my EB to pay. So, I got all of this for less than I would have paid for the brace and diet pepsi!
I then stopped to get gas on the way home. I did not pick up any extras while I was at the gas station, only gas. The cheapest I could find was $1.99 a gallon. So that is where I stopped. I stopped at $50. I do not think it would have taken too much more, but I decided when I pulled in the station, I was only putting in $50. Then I drove home at a slow steady pace to help with gas mileage.
I changed my headlight that was out when I got home to save the cost of someone putting it in for me. Of course it was not hard to do. I do the things on my car that I know how, which sadly is not much. I am learning though. I will purchase another headlight to keep in my van to save the expense of replacing it on the road somewhere, which could end up costing me more. I always keep a few tools and extras of a few parts and fluids just to be safe with my constant traveling.
I did eat dinner at home, although I did not end up with enough time to cook extra food. I plan on doing that tonight now. We'll see I guess....

1 comment:

annathy03 said...

Oh good job! That Nivea has me tempted to make a trip to CVS.