I spent no money yesterday.
-I stopped at three different stores to see if I could score some free chocolate (I loooooove chocolate). Alas, none to be found. Hardly even any Easter clearance. So, no money spent. I drove to the stores in a circle so that when I stopped at the second one, I was on the road home, which is the road the third store is on.
-I cooked some taco meat last night with homemade taco seasoning (cheaper than the packages-although I did not write down the numbers when I put them together so I do not remember what kind of savings, but it was fun to make them-and sneezy but that's another story). The total for that was about $1.40 with the ground turkey and seasoning, so for two helpings it was about $.70. I also made some hounded noodles that I got for $.17 for the bag and used half of it. Then added some butter, basil and parsley and the butter melts and mixes with the herbs for a wonderful herbed butter on the noodles. Yum. I figure that the whole pot of the noodles, butter and herbs cost about $.35. Not too shabby. I have enough of both for at least two meals, and at $1.50 for each meal that is a pretty good deal.
-I also washed dishes last night. Instead of washing just a handful of dishes at a time, I waited a couple of days to save on dishsoap and water.
-I cut the top off of an empty diet pepsi box (case size although I also do this with the 12-pack size) to use for trash. I use these for dumping the bathroom trash into, and also use them when scooping the cats litter boxes. I have used them in place of a garbage can in the kitchen when the ants are swarming to keep them out of the house. This saves me from pitching a half empty garbage bag into the dumpster.
-I washed out the can the corn came in that I had for dinner last night. This, and my aluminum pop cans went into the recycling cans. These will earn me money when I take them and cash them in.
So how are all of you doing with your challenge today?
Parenting Without My Partner Is Just Easier
6 days ago




1 comment:
Just think how good not finding that chocolate is for your waistline. Not much of a consolation is sit? :-)
I loved everything else you did!
Post a Comment