We spent a lot of time just talking. We talked about anything and everything. I was able to talk to him in depth about my situation with my son. It felt really nice to be able to share that burden. I know I can talk to my parents, but it is not the same as being able to share it with someone that is not related to the child in question. I know technically I did not do anything wrong in that whole deal, but it still felt good to hear someone confirm that and come to the same conclusion about the situation as my family and I did. We spent some time talking about his ex-wife and his children and some of the problems that he has with that situation(not the same as my situation, but bad in it's own way). I wish that when adults could no longer get along, they would not use the children as pawns in their anger and frustration at the other parent. I don't know of too many divorces or breakups that involve kids that the parents actually leave the kids out of it and do what's right for the kids.
We went and picked up a few groceries for him and his roommate on Saturday. It was nice just spending time together, and even something as mundane as getting some groceries was enjoyable. We rode around for a bit in the truck because it was sooooo nice outside. The weather was beautiful. When we got done and went back home, I went out in the backyard with Mail Man for a little while and we played with the dogs. We sat in the sunshine and played ball with the dogs. We played till the sun dipped down over the house and there was no more sun to sit in. Then we were going to fire up the grill, but the grill was not in working order, so we settled for a sandwich and chips.
After that we spent more time talking and watched some t.v. I made my call to S and waited for him to call back. After I talked to S, we changed clothes and got into the hot tub. It has been years and years since I was in a hot tub and I forgot just how wonderful it was. I bought some wine and Jager for us to drink while we were in the hot tub. I did not drink any wine because it was awful. It was not wine, it was some kind of wine "drink" with carbonation in it. Yuck. That will teach me to buy wine at a drive up window. A good merlot does not have carbonation in it. So I had some Jager with Mail Man. That shit tasted like cough syrup. And I don't mean the kind they make now that burns a bit but is flavored to sort of taste good, I mean the cough syrup we drank as a kid from the doctor that made you never want to take medicine again. We did not get drunk as that was not the purpose of drinking that night. Although if I had drank my wine, if it had been real wine, I probably would have gotten drunk. I love me
We sat in the hot tub until we were all pruned up and wrinkly. We decided that we were hungry and I wanted pizza. We called a couple of local places and no one answered. So we cleaned up and went in search of pizza. I was really tired from not sleeping the night before so I sat in the truck while he went in for the pizza and
I tried to sleep in the next day. But as usual, the sun woke up and so did I. We sat around and talked some more, ate breakfast and then Mail Man did some housekeeping. He did a couple of loads of laundry, ran the dishwasher and then put the dishes away, and fed the dogs. I gathered all my stuff and loaded the bags up. Then before we knew it, it was time to get going to head back home.
I was sad to see the weekend end. I do know that I want a whole lot more of those kinds of days. There were no flashy dates, no super exciting trips. It was just the good quality time together doing things that needed to get done and some things we just wanted to do. It was just the kind of thing to make a girl fall in love.




No comments:
Post a Comment