I am begining my challenge today. I did not spend any money yesterday. Today to save money I will call the guy that worked on my van. I have a warning light on and the folks that looked at it yesterday said to take it back to him as he routed a sensor wire wrong. The line was then cut in half by the rim of my tire when I turned. Thus the warning light. It's for the ABS. And I was in Kentucky when it happened on my way to see my son. So I just kept driving of course. I could not get it looked at on the way down or back as it was Easter weekend so no place was open.
Today I will go to CVS. I need to buy a brace for me knee; it was getting better but after a day of playing on Saturday, I am back where I started. Hopefully I can get some extrabucks out of this deal. They are on a deal of spend $15 get $5 EB. I have no idea how much they are, so I am hoping if possible, they get me EB. I have to get one anyway, might as well earn EB while I am at it! I also am going to take advantage of the toothpaste deal as I need sensitive toothpaste. I also have two $1 off q's for colgate. That will make this a MM. I also have a $1 off softsoap q and will take advantage of that deal. Free is always nice! I will also get gas on the way home. I will not get gas in town as the town where I work has a $.04 cent tax above and beyond the regular price. It will be at least $.04 cheaper a gallon to wait until I am closer to home. I will post my actual totals tomorrow.
I will eat at home tonight. Thank goodness I don't live in an apartment like Frugalsuz, or I might keep my neighbors up eating and cooking so late! I also am planning on making meals for the rest of the week tonight. I will do all the cooking at once to save on electricity.
I have a baby shower to go to this weekend. I will dig out some items from my stockpile to give as a gift, and use a bag and tissue paper that I already have. I have a box of cards that I got quite some time ago and will use a card out of there. We are going out to eat on Saturday with a whole bunch of my family. My mom has two gift cards that she will use so we do not have any OOP for dinner (except the tip!). She is also driving so I will not have any gas expenses. We are staying the night because we are going to MN (and Chicagoland!), and that means I will not have to provide any food for myself for most of the weekend. Good food and good fun!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hope you have a good weekend - hey, if you're not too busy, want to stop by?
Wouldn't that be amazing if you ended up being somewhere near me - I've never met another actual hound before!
I will try to find a way!
I sure hope your knee gets better.
Post a Comment