I did spend money Monday. I got $50 worth of gas. I cannot say I filled the gas tank because as gas prices creep back up again, $50 does not fill my tank. I really hope prices do not keep going up again for the summer.
Other than that I spent no money. I did however cost myself some money for Tuesday. I stopped by to see my dad. I ended up staying longer than I meant to and did not have time to cook anything before I dropped into bed. I was really tired from my trip home and by 8:30 I was ready to fall asleep standing up. I managed to get some q's clipped and that was all. Since I was not able to stay up longer, I did not cook any food for my lunch on Tuesday. I did not have anything in my freezer ready for lunch either. I have apparently used all my pre-made meals up and did not realize it. So I will get a pizza from the pizza dude at lunch today, and will make sure that I make food tonight for lunches this week. And extras for days like this. I will also batch cook this weekend again.
Since I was not home for very long before I went to bed, I used next to no electricity last night. Lights were only on for about an hour. I also did not eat dinner last night, so no food costs.
For Tuesday, I am going to buy pizza for lunch. They are $5. I am not going to any stores so I will not spend any money there. I do plan to swing by my mechanic's house and have him grease the front end of my van. When the "other guy" fixed it, I don't believe he greased it very much or at all. It has started creaking and groaning as I am driving. It did that just a bit for the first couple of weeks, but in the last week or so, it has gotten substantially worse (louder). I am not sure what he will charge for that, but am certain he will not charge too much. He may tell me nothing, but at that point I would insist on paying him a little bit. I do not want to take advantage of him. He has a family too( a S/O and four kids!).
Tuesday night I will do a load of laundry in cold water and hang the clothes to dry.
I also plan to go to my sister's house for a bit to get a couple of wipe tubs to repurpose for my q's. This saves them from going to the landfill, and saves me from buying another container for my q's since the one I am using is now too small. I am taking some magazines to her that I think she will like which saves her money from buying magazines to read (they are freebies that I receive).
How are doing on your challenge?
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I am glad you had a nice Mothers Day weekend.
As long as Pres. Obama spends money to stimulate the economy, the value of the dollar drops. When the value of the dollar drops, oil prices always go up. Add that to summer travel coming up and prices will continue to rise.
Post a Comment