Thursday, May 28, 2009

Walwart - from the 15th

I went back to walwart last night to exchange a few things I purchased a couple of weeks ago. I had a really good trip and will actually post my total here for you. I used up a lot of salad dressing q's in this order buying the dressings I thought my mom used. Turns out I was mistaken. So I had one bottle that was already past the expiration date and eight more that I needed to exchange. I also needed to exchange some of the wheat thins that i bought. I thought with my q's I would try the artisan wheat thins. I got the wisconsin colby, yeah, not so good. At least to me. So I had three more boxes to exchange. I got the regular whole grain kind. I then went to get the dressing. They only had three fat free bottles! The shelves were empty. So I took my three boxes of wheat thins and my three bottles of dressing and stated looking for vitamin water on my way back up to customer service. I could not find that either. Not in the water aisle, not in the drinks aisle, not in the center aisle. It was no where to be found. This is why I do not like our walwart. They have a lot of stuff but never the stuff I want. I get to customer service and she refunds the rest of my money. I am holding it aside as I will use it to get the other six bottles later. Anyway here are the totals of that trip from a couple of weeks ago:
Total purchased: $85.36
total q's used: $49.13
total tax: $1.92
Total Spent: $38.15
Savings: 58%
Not too shabby for a walwart run.

3 comments:

slugmama said...

I find that Walmart is one of the least likely places I will go to shop. Overall, they average for things I regularly buy, higher than other stores. I only go there for certain things/brands I can't get anywhere else around here....like Blue Bunny ice cream.
Gotta have my Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate.....And my extra sharp deli cheese. And if I can get something FREE there using coupons.

Just call me Yankee said...

Slugmama, They are pretty much the cheapest store around here. However I consider it a fluke if they have everything I go in there for. I also just don't like my store here. The employees are generally rude and unhelpful. They also don't seem to know anything about the store, where things are located, if there are more items in the back, that sort of thing. Although I do have to admit the gal that was at the customer service desk last night was very nice. I may have to call and compliment my service last night.

Unknown said...

I've found myself shopping a lot less at Walmart for the same reason. They carry tons of stuff but they never have the brand/flavor I'm looking for. So I go to get any freebies they have and that's about it. I'm very fortunate in that we have lots of other stores that offer great sales.