Monday, May 18, 2009

Just about me.

I can't wait for this weekend. I am really excited to go see my son this weekend. I get to see him for three days! I get to have for the holiday on Monday! YIPPEEEEEE! I always love to have extra days, especially this year as we have so many weekends that are getting cut short. I am pretty sure that I will get sunburned this weekend again! I have camped out two weekend visits in a row, and have been sunburned two visits in a row. I did get a hat from my dad, so hopefully that will keep my face from being burned again. I will also make sure to wear my sunblock.
I like it when we have extra days as well for the "vacation" feel of it. My mom is also going this weekend. When we drive down after work on Friday, it is usually around 2 or 3 in the morning when we stop. I have to get up and finish the drive which is about one hour and be there by nine am. So I try to get up around 7 or quarter after to make sure I can leave the "stopping spot" by 8. We get up and clean up in the bathroom, get some breakfast, get gas and just stretch our legs seeing as we've been in the car for about 12-15 hours or more at that point. We do get a bit of sleep though. Well, I get more when my mom does not go because she snores like a chainsaw when she does not have her sleep apnea machine on. This weekend will be the first time she has gone down with the sleep apnea machine while we are camping, and we are both curious how this will all work. I say it has to be an improvement, as I am the one that has to listen to her snore all night! Normally when we only have the two days, Saturday night is an early one as we are so tired. We drop my son "S" off and go back, take showers, sometimes eat then go to bed. It is pretty much the same on the long weekends too! But, ooohhhh, Sunday is such a nice day. We have no sadness as the day is the last, we have no moodiness as I have to go and leave him yet again. No, we don't have that stress on the Sunday visit because the visit is not over yet! There is one more day! Sunday we just get to play all day. No unpacking and setting up camp like on Saturday, no packing up like a regular Sunday visit. Just a whole day to play. Well, eight hours. But that is better than a poke in the eye! Monday will be stressful when the time comes to pack up, but what a blast those extra hours are. Then on Sunday evening we can sit around the campfire. We will probably have one while S is there as I am planning on having S'mores this weekend. He has been wanting to make them for the last two visits, but I did not get the "stuff" yet. I will pick the goodies up this week at cvs. We will also have hot dogs cooked over the fire. My mom is going to bring her dutch oven and we will make peach cobbler in the fire as well. And, I think this is the weekend that the ice cream man starts coming around! He drives an old fashioned ice cream truck and sells the ice cream treats every weekend in the summer. This is also the weekend that the pool and water slide open, along with the putt-putt. The game room is open the whole time the park is open. Mostly we swim or just play outside. Eat some ice cream, have a fire, ride bikes, play ball. I love my visits. I can't wait for this weekend.

1 comment:

Virginia Mom said...

We love going camping! We take 4 or 5 trips every summer- our big vacation is a one week camping trip each July! (Keep in mind that we have a camper- if we were tent campers I don't know that I'd be too excited about spending a week sweating to death in the middle of July!) Have a great Memorial Day Weekend- the weather here is supposed to be wonderful! We are actually planting our garden this weekend.