Friday, May 29, 2009

Flashback Friday



I am going to follow the "theme" that Jill over at Scarymomy started with her Flashback Friday. You know those uncomfortable questions that you are not quite sure what to say or how sarcastic you should be in your response. Go check out her post! After reading mine first of course!!!
( I would like to add that now that my atty is making progess in this case, I am not feeling quite as bad as I was. I am feeling much more confident and certain that my son will come home, and things will work out the way they are meant to be-my son home.)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How do you do it?
How do you do it?I just don't know how you do it.How do you do this?How do you make that trip so often?How, how, how.I hear that an awful lot. I always have the same answer. I do this because I have to. I really do not have any choice. Sure I could not go. But is that really an option? This is my son here. I will do whatever needs be done to see him, and try to bring him home. If that means getting another job, ok. If that means no time or money for any extras and eating beans for dinner every nite, then that is what I would do. Thankfully for me (and my co-workers) I have not been reduced to beans every night.Often folks tell me that they could not do this. I am so strong for being able to stand this. They don't know how I get through this. How do I get up and function every day? The truth is I don't. What choice do I have though? I have trouble sleeping, I have nightmares when I do get to sleep. I find that I am irritable. I have been told a couple of times by the gals that I work with that I am being crabby. ( I am just glad that I work with people who are not afraid to tell me I am being grouchy. Then I can try to adjust my attitude and not take things out on them.) I am often short tempered with my family. I do not attend any family functions because it hurts too much. I used to go to my sister's house with my mom and we would have dinner all of us girls. My sister's husband works on second and she has two little girls. I used to want to take my mom or my sister and her girls with me when I went shopping. Now I only take someone when I am going to one of the grocery stores that are about 40 minutes away. That way the cost of gas is offset by the savings that all of us receive. I have tried to go on a couple of family outings, but I do not have as much fun as I used to. I try to avoid family get-togethers. I feel like something is missing. And it is. My heart and soul are missing. My son is missing.I have talked briefly to one of the pastors at the church that my sister belongs to and I rent a house from. They are willing to listen, but do not feel that they are qualified to help me in any way. This is beyond what they are trained to deal with. I cannot go to "traditional" therapy because that would be like waving a red flag in the air that I am "not mentally stable" to my ex and his attorney. Now mind you I would be getting therapy for the stress this is causing me and how to help my son deal with his stress and unhappiness.I cannot talk to support groups because there are none. I do not fit traditional support groups because my child did not die and he is not missing. He is lost, but not in the sense of the support group. You cannot find support groups for this because of the "symptoms" of the diagnosis of MSBP. According to the "symptoms" if I talk about this I am seeking attention and must have this MSBP. If I do not seek help, then I must have it because I won't talk about it. So I have decided that there is no point in keeping quiet.That is where this blog comes in. I get to vent out all of my feelings and start getting the awareness out there. This can happen to any mom out there. I get to use this blog to type out whatever I am feeling at the time. If I am frustrated and want to repeat myself 10 times over something that my ex said or did to my son or to me, then I can. No one tells me they are tired of hearing it, there's nothing we can do, or try to change the subject. If I put it on here, You can just skip over it. :) And that is okay. I know that there are not lots of people out there reading this and that is okay. It makes me feel better just putting it out there. In this very unhappy time of my life, I can at least get some satisfaction through this blog.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this!

Blogging is such a great way to vent - and I'm happy to hear that it sounds like things will be turning around. Keep us posted :)

Scary Mommy said...

Oh, God... I cannot imagine how painful that must be. I'm so sorry you are dealing with it. I'll be thinking about you and hoping continued progress is made.

American Dreamer said...

Blog away! I too am sorry that you are going though this. I am here reading.

American Dreamer said...

Blog away! I too am sorry that you are going though this. I am here reading.

Jennifer said...

I can not even imagine the pain of life without my child. I'm so sorry.