Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Challenge update

Wow, did I spend a lot of money this weekend. I have to say I did not save any money really at all. I did use a bunch of the $1 off vitaminwater10 q's. I got free water for us for the weekend camping. That was good since it was hot. We went to walwart on Saturday night, Sunday night, and I went with my son on Monday morning. I spent each time I went. Not gobs each time, but for a total of $31.42, I think that I should have planned my trip a bit better. Most of the food prices are higher, and the tax is way higher. I could have saved a bunch to have thought ahead and brought the stuff we wanted with us. And not forgotten things. And not decided that we could do without it. Only to need it.... Live and learn. I will do better next time. Of course next time it will only be me, and I am just dandy with pb&j sandwich. Or would have been except I forgot any kind of bread....I had a spoon though, I was good!

Plus the gas prices have started their annual climb, so the gas for the trip cost more. Also had two extra nights at the campgrounds. We played mini golf, played a few games at the game room (0nly 50 cents each-not the money breaker), and went on the water slide.

I did not do any other shopping or hounding since last week since I was getting ready for my trip. I think I brought my average down this past week. Oh well. I will try again.

How you doing?

1 comment:

American Dreamer said...

We all need to take a breather from savng money once in a while. By saving money most days, you have money for the spendier days.