Tonight I am going to stop at Wags to get some ice cream. I love love love Bryers ice cream. Just most of the time I refuse to pay what they ask for it at the store. But you can't beat BOGO free and a MC to boot! I have a couple of MC to use on the ice cream. In my neck of the woods, it is $6.29. So I will get two for the price of one, which will be even cheaper with my coupons! So $4.29 for two with 1% food tax=$4.34 ish. I can totally handle $2.17 for a quart of Bryers! I have some leftover christmas candy (the old fashioned kind) that I am going to break into little pieces for a topping. What a tasty treat! I am also going to get some goodies to make s'mores. We love s'mores and S (my son) has been asking for them. We will get to roastin' those marshmallows and makin' some gooey goodness. Right now at Wags, they are 2 for $6 for the graham crackers and Hershey's bars, and get a bag of marshmallows free. I also have a q that if I get chocolate and marshmallows I get $1 off Honey Maid graham crackers. I will hope for it to go through. My favorite cashier should be there tonight, so I most likely will be in luck. Hopefully for less than $10 I can get all of it. I do not have any RR to help offset the price, but these are pretty good deals for my area and I do not want to miss them just because I am out of RR.
When I get home, I have to check in the super messy garage to see if my mom's folding table is still in there from my yard sale last fall. If it is I will load it into the van. I also have to wash/dry a load of clothes, wash the dishes, sweep the floor in the kitchen, and then take out the trash to get ready for the weekend. I will also try to remember to dump one of the litter boxes. I am going to try out some new litter. I got some Yesterday's News litter a while back. I am going to dump it in there and see how it does while I am gone. If it can hold up to the "weekend gone" test, then I know that it is good litter. I will let you all know what I think of it and how it held up, and more importantly, what my kitties thought of it. They are totally laid back on litter choices and will use just about anything without protesting. My favorite litter was Swheat Scoop. Unfortunately there are never any q's for it and it is super expensive. So back to Tidy Cats.
I had my mom order me a book the other day. I am super excited to get it. It is called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I could get the basic recipe off the internet, however, I prefer to make whole grain bread. I could not find the recipe for that. I also would like to see the variations and directions to make lots of different styles and types of bread in an easy fashion. I read over on Mary Hunt's Debt Proof Living where she is joining the BYOB challenge. It stands for Bake Your Own Bread, has nothing to do with beer! I am hoping that this is another challenge for me to try! I will let you know when the book comes in. On the Debt Proof Living blog there is a link for the bread book authors. It is artisanbreadinfive and is the official website. I will let you know if it is as easy as it sounds.
If you are participating in the Challenge, how are you doing? Got any good ideas to pass along?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I hope you have a great weekend with your son! You're a great mom to make s'mores with him!!!!
About your kitties....what do you do when you go away for the weekend? I ask b/c I'm getting a kitty on Sunday, and sometimes we go away overnight or for the weekend, and I worry what's going to happen while we're gone :) I know they are very independent and there's not much 'training' and what not to do. But I still worry :)
Spaghetti, I worried the for months that my cats needed someone to come over. I would arrange for my mom, my sister, a friend of my mom's, just about anyone to come over. I was also worried about the fish. Then one weekend when my whole family went down and there was no one available, I just left them there. Everyone was fine when I got back. The only time since then that I have had someone check on them was last summer when I was down there for five and a half days. I also have three kitties so they can entertain each other. I also put out extra food and water bowls. I will be gone this weekend for three and a half days and all I will do is put out extra food and water. I discovered the fish are fine as well. Incidentally, since I have not had anyone coming over to check on them, they are all there when I get home: no escapes or dead fish to deal with.
Congrats on getting a new kitty. (I am glad you came to a decision!)I love my kitties. If you can afford it, since you said you will have weekends gone, I would suggest two kitties. They will keep each other company all day while you are at work, and will keep each other busy on the weekends you are gone. I have found that since I have three cats, my original cat does not get lonely and bored like she used to when she was an only cat. Good luck with your new kitty! As Dancinmama is finding out, it is lots of fun!
I hope you have a great weekend with your DS. I just got mary hunts book from the library and am going to try and read it this weeend.
I'm getting Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day from the library. I've tried making my own bread, but have always failed miserably. I hope this book will help.
Jennifer, I have a bread machine that I have had for years. I love it, but now I cannot find the paddle. I do not have the patience to make bread the old fashioned way. I have done it a few times, I just prefer not too. Let me know how you like as my mom ordered my book and I have no idea when I will get it! I love cookbooks though so I thought I would rather own it than borrow it.
Post a Comment