Well, I went to CVS last night. Twice!
The first cvs I stopped at is my favorite store. I usually do not have a problem finding the stuff I want in stock. The sales staff are super helpful and friendly. I had a vague idea that I wanted to get the Irish Spring, but that was about it. I also had $16 in EB that had expired a few days ago and wanted to get in and use them. I could not find my copy of the monthly catalog, so I grabbed one, scanned my card and started shopping. I did pretty good if I do say so myself. I got a 5/25 when I scanned and figured I might as well work from there. In the end I only used my $10 EB and not the $6 one. I asked if I could still use it later or did I need to use it right then, and she said no go ahead and save it if I wanted and I could use it up to a month after it expired. I do not know if this is for all EB at all CVS's or if they are just my new best friends now! Here is what I got! I am going from memory as I have misplaced my receipt. I am going to look on the counter where I was clipping q's and clipping my EB off the bottom of my receipt. I also showed to my sister after she picked me up to go with her to cvs. And yes I did another deal!
CVS store 1
1*4.99 Irish Spring
1*2.99 vitamin D
1*2.99 colgate toothpaste
3*2.99 dry idea deod
2*1.29 tissues
2*.99 tootsie rolls
1*6.29 afrin
Total before sales and Q's: $28.51
Q's used:
-5 5/25
-.50 Irish Spring
-2 dry idea
-2 dry idea
-2 dry idea
-6.oo try me free afrin
-.22 cvs candy on sale with card
-.80 tissues on sale with card
The original total left was less than my $10 EB so that is why I added the candy. The total after using my $10 EB was 42 cents!
And even better was I got back more extra bucks than I used and spent. I got back $4.99 for the Irish Spring, $2.99 for the vitamin d, $6.00 for the dry idea, and $2.99 for the colgate toothpaste! I love it when deals go together like they should!
Then on the way home I called my sister to brag on myself a bit, and she said she wanted to go to cvs too, but did not want to take the girls by herself. I told her to give me about a half an hour after I got home, come pick me up and I would help her with the sales and the girls.
So off to cvs again! This time to the store closest to our homes, not notoriously friendly, but we lucked out the manager on duty and the teen-age boy working were very friendly and helpful. My sister wanted to take advantage of the dove deal going on at cvs right now, but only had a couple of q's. Since I stopped on the way home from my trip this time and bought papers, I had plenty of q's for her to be able to use. She also got a 5 off 25 q out of the scanner so we started with that. She got one bottle of dove something, soap or shampoo, I don't remember, and two deo's. I had q's for all of them. Then she picked up one of the little bitty deo's to get to the $15 mark. She then said that she wanted to see if they had the Irish Spring which they did, and next I gave her a glade q for the sprays of BOGO and she got a $1 off any glade out of the scanner, so she got the glade. I know that she got something else but do not remember right now. In all, she got a little over $25 worth of merchandise for around $16, and got back $11 in EB of which she had none of to begin with.
I did another Irish Spring deal on my second card. I do not usually do too many deals on this card because I do not want to try to keep track of two cards all the time. I mostly use it for the really good deals with a limit of one. I used a Q and a $1 EB and paid $3.75 including tax. I then turned around and bought 3 boxes of tissues, and 3 bags of jelly beans, and 2 of the mini dove deos which I had a $1 off one for both of them. I had a total of 35 cents of which 3 cents was tax. Not too shabby for a day of hounding.
I was having a conversation with my new best friends at my favorite store last night. I was telling her how much I liked shopping at that particular store because they were friendly and did accept my expired EB for so long. She said they would be happy to do that for me. I told her that I would keep shopping with them at that store because then they get the credit for the sales. I may get good deals and not pay a whole lot, but her store is moving the products and getting the sales on their bottom line. She said she knew that too, and she was glad that we (meaning my mom and me) come there. I love friendly stores!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Central,
Good job at CVS! I just gave you an award. Come visit my blog to pick it up!
Post a Comment