Thursday, March 12, 2009

Saving Time

Everyone wants to find more hours in the day. Everyone wishes they did not have so much to do (at least most moms I know!). Just how do we fit all the things that we want to get done each day in? I am going to start a new weekly post here to list all the things that I do to get organized, save time, and in general create a better flow in my life. Join me on my journey of getting from here ( unorganized and poor flow) to there (organized and can find my keys!).

This week I saved time and streamlined my week by:

1. I did batch cooking on Sunday to eliminate the need to cook meals all week, and into next week. As I was cooking, I prepared my meals for the week for breakfast, lunch, snack (at work) and dinner. I put these into containers either in the fridge or freezer so all I had to do was grab the container when I was getting my bag ready for work.

2. I packed my bag for my trip this weekend ahead of time making sure I did not need to do laundry the night before I left for clothes for the trip.

3. I packed the tub that has dishes/utensils and dry/canned food for my trip this weekend to be sure I did not forget anything and have to make a run to the store at the last minute or when I get down there to see my son. This and the last one save me time on the night before I leave when I am loading the van. I cannot load the van early just yet because the night time temps still get below freezing, and I have already been down that road. (and it is a messy one!)

4. I did not save too much time in the mornings because of the switch to DST. This time change is the one that throws me for a loop. I like having the light later, but now it is dark in the mornings when I get up, and it takes me about a week or so to get back on schedule.

5. I will make a list tonight of all the things out of the fridge or freezer that I want to take with me so that I am not trying to figure it all out tomorrow as I am packing after work to leave.

6. I will get gas tonight as well so I can pick up a bag of ice and be ready for packing the cooler tomorrow. Getting gas saves me time and streamlines the process of getting out my door and on the road on Friday after work.

How did you organize and streamline today?

No comments: