Well, just when I thought I was at the end of my troubles, I realize they are not ending, I just have a new set. Wednesday my crown fell off. I called the dentist and they will fix it, no problem. I just have to pay for xrays, the exam, and most likely more dental work as they did not put in a post and will have to put one in now. Sorry but that is not my problem. You should have done your job right the first time and the tooth would not need to be fixed again. I go no where with this, and they will not fix it without me paying to fix it. So I told them even if it gets fixed it sure won't be with them. I do not want tomorrow's appointment, thanks for your time. Last night I went to CVS and bought some stuff called Temparin and will repair it myself. I figure even if it only lasts for a month or so, and I have to keep gluing it back on, I am saving in the long run because the Temparin cost me $4.50. It would take a lot of $4.50's to equal the cost of the xrays and the exam. One day when I am more finacially off (or if I find a rich handsome nice guy to sweep me off my feet and take over all my bills), I will go and get my teeth repaired properly.
Then, I went in this morning to have my tires aligned. Supposedly around $60, could be as much as $90. I dropped off my car. I waited a bit for my mom. I called her to remind her (figuring acurately) to see if she forgot me. She did and was now on her way. I go to work. A short while later, the shop calls me-I need a whole new front end. If I want they can do it, to the tune of $1200. I say no thanks, I have a friend that can do this for a whole lot cheaper. I call to get the price of the parts and the parts alone will cost almost $200. I will still have to pay labor charges as well. But that is way way way cheaper than $1200. And what is worse is that the guy at the shop recommends I get this done before I make another trip. So I have one week to figure out where the heck to get this money. I plan to ask my dad tonight when he comes to pick me up from work and take me to my car after work if he can help some. I also need a new engine, new front tires and two new heater cores (as my van has an auxillary heating system that has a heater core). I just wish these troubles did not come all at once. One each pay period would have been better. Just one problem every two weeks, please. Sadly, I just got paid (today), and I already have no money left. I have $400 going to one of my loans, although this is the last payment for it. I will have no more loans after this payment(I had two). I will then have only the credit cards. I guess that means that I am meeting the resolution of getting bills paid off. I need $300 for my trip next weekend for my son, and the remaining $35 will go to the gas tank for next week. There is a super deal at Target this week that I will be missing out on as I will not have the extra gas (or money) to drive over there. Oh well there will be others. I would really like to be able to get all of my credit cards in one loan to have one payment, but unfortunately I have been late too many times on the cards to get a loan. I am really glad that my power bill is going down though. It dropped $100 after the $300+ ones I was getting over the winter. Hopefully it will just keep going down. That will help my monthly expenses some, especially as it keeps going down as the weather warms up. I just hope that the gas stays down and it gets warm soon for my trips so that we can start camping out. It really saves money doing that. I pay around $75-$80 for a hotel alone. Actually I just wish I could get my son home. That totally would save me some money. Even calculating extra food, utilities and daycare, I would still be ahead over what I spend on these trips. That of course is secondary compared to just having my son back.
Speaking of my son, he has book orders that he wants to order from, a book fair coming up, and school pictures. I want the school pictures because I missed out on the last ones and would really like some school pictures for him. The other ones, I think he is SOL!!! I used this phrase on him a while back and when I explained what it meant, he cracked up and thought it was really funny. He even asked to say it once! I let him, and got to see him just totally crack himself up and laugh his head off. Totally worth it. I can't wait til he is home so we can have these moments daily instead of every other weekend for a few hours.
Hopefully next week I will be back on track for my lists of time and money saving. I was a bit side tracked this week.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So sorry to hear about the crown thing, I too hate the dentist and some of the stuff they do is soooooo expensive!
about the car....I'd have someone look at it, like a friend before you spend any money. Some shops are hurting from the economy and will try to rip any woman off if they can. If it doesn't need to get done right now, hold off and put a few bucks aside each week or month to save up for it. But $1200 seems like a lot. You can also google and ask people for advice on like yahoo or something. HTH!
I love that bit about SOL - I can just picture it! Too funny for words!
As for the teeth and car repairs - always shop it around. Even tell one garage that another quoted you (and name a price 5-10% lower). That trick saved me a couple hundred last year. Even ask if you bought the part, what do they charge for labor. Might save a bit more buying the part yourself.
Post a Comment