Friday, March 27, 2009

This Week in Savings

So far this week, I have saved money in these ways:

1. Thanks to Annie, I have been charging my cell phone in my car.

2. I bought my own car parts, and had a friend put the front end parts on my van. I saved about $800 doing this.

3. I got my van aligned. This may have cost almost $90 (monday), but will save my tires and allow me to get full use out of them instead of replacing to early due to uneven wear.

4. When I had dinner at my friend's house, I picked up mail so I do not have to make a special trip (I get my mail in a different town than I park my bum each night).

5. I ran all my errands and shopping trips after work to save gas on an extra trip into town.

6. I washed my clothes in cold water and hung them to dry. I just put them on hangers and hang on them on the shower rod.

7. I did not eat out this week. I brought my lunch everyday from either leftovers from dinner or the soup I made on Sunday.

8. I got a coupon from CVS for a free bag or a free roll of paper towels. Since I have several bags already, I opted for the free paper towels. I went with my mom and she drove so I did not use any gas either.

How did you save money this week?

No comments: