Monday, March 30, 2009

What a Weekend

I had a really good visit with my son this weekend. We had a lot of fun together. He was also especially funny this weekend. He had a lot of jokes and also had a lot of amusing comments about our situation. He is totally looking forward to coming home. (Me too!) We played some board games, card games, and made up games. We watched a bit of tv. We played Deal or No Deal on our dvd player. He had lots of fun telling me which case to pick, then letting me pick my first six. Then he would say that I took the deal the first time around which of course meant that I won little bitty amounts of money (compared to the million that you try for). I obviously lost each game, and usually had some of the big amounts in my case that I lost out on. He just thought he was funny cuz he would play two rounds and take the deal. That means he always beat me. Usually by a lot. The turd. It was sure fun! Then when it was time to check out, I was unpleasantly surprised by how cold it was outside. We had planned on going to the park to play a bit of basketball, except it was super cold and windy. No playing outside for us. So we drove to the park and parked by the pond to watch the ducks. It was fun laying around in the back under a sleeping bag just cuddling together. I got to sit and rub his head like I used to do when he was little and trying to go to sleep, and he got to eat jelly beans and cuddle with mom. Then I told him I needed to get gas in the van, did he want to go now or we could wait and I would get gas after dropping him off. He said to get gas now. It would be just like when he was home and we would go get gas together in the mornings or on our way home from work/school. So we got gas and he stayed in the van and peeked out the window at me while I froze my butt off in the wind. Then we played more deal or no deal and of course he picked for me and I lost.

The only downside to the weekend was my total lack of sleep. I only got a few hours on Friday night from driving down there. Then I usually get a pretty good nights sleep on Saturday. This time however, I (and the whole floor of the hotel) got to be serenaded to by the lovely sounds of an angry cussing drunk. He followed a group there that plays music at a local bar a couple weekends a month. He followed them up to their room and started banging on the door, while cussing out his girlfriend. They (the band/group) let him in. Then he got even more beligerent so they made him leave the room. This drunk man proceeds to stand in the hallway and yell and cuss everyone to hell. He is so drunk however that standing alone seems to be a problem. So where does he decide to lean? At my door. Then he starts banging his head against the wall right next to my door. I was so mad I actually started looking for something to take out there and hit him with it. I had only been asleep for maybe 3 1/2 hours. Fortunately for everyone involved I had no "dangerous" objects with which I would be able to knock him out with. Then there is a huge crash. I go and look out the peephole. The chair the drunk had with him is now sideways on the floor, and what do you know? The drunk is on the floor too. Finally the cops arrive. The group/bands' room folks come out to tell the cops what had happened. They apparently did not know the drunk, just recognized him from the bar. They let him in hoping it would quiet him down so as not to wake the whole floor. The guys said at that point he became incoherent and started yelling more at his girlfriend so they told him he had to leave. He got out the door but would not go any further than that. The hotel staff asked him to leave and he was rude to her so she called the cops. At this point the drunk is passed out. The cops try to get him to stand and tell them who he is and he will not cooperate. The drunk yells at the cops, his girlfriend (who is no longer around) and anyone who will listen. Then pleads with the cops to not hurt him. Then yells and cusses them out some more. Then pleads please don't hurt me. Then cusses them out again. Finally the cops tell him all he has to do is comply and he won't get hurt. All they want him to do is stand up. I think that he was unable to stand because I eventually heard a crash against the wall then the sound of handcuffs. They drag him over to the elevator and two of them take him outside while the third cop collects the mans shoe that fell off and his wallet and asks a few more questions. I had a birds eye view of them once they got outside as they cop cars were directly beneath my windows. The cops had to sort of push the drunk into the car. I think he was so out of it he did not even know where he was at that point. He just laid there on the seat and they had to push and tuck his legs in because he was not helping them at all. After all of this, I could not get back to sleep. I was up until after five a.m. trying to wind down. I did sort of fall into that twilight sort of sleep. I was not fully asleep but did rest more at least. Then it was up to get my son. Then when I got home last night it was almost 2 am before I got to go to bed. Then at 5:02 am, the friendly neighborhood crows sat outside my windows to sing to me and my kitties.
I can't wait to go to bed tonight. (here is me nodding off at my computer........)

No comments: