Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weekly Savings

Here is a list of things I did to save money this week.

1. I went to wags and got two bottles of Irish Spring body wash for the price of one with the sale of bogo.

2. When I ran errands this week, I took the shortest route or went to the stores on my way home, instead of the ones out of my way.

3. I did batch cooking on Sunday so that the toaster oven and crockpot were just used once. I made veggie soup in the crockpot and put some in a container for this week and filled two more containers for putting in the freezer. I made three kinds of chicken for different meals this week, and for this weekend.

4. I kept my errands to a minimum to save on gas. I drive a full size van, so any savings on gas really adds up.

Thanks to a tip from Chi-Annie, I will now be using my car charger more efficiently. I will use it more often to save on energy use at home.

No comments: