I did not have an opportunity to list anything for last week, but I will resume this week.
1. I hung my clothes to dry Monday night. I just put them on hangers and hang them up in the bathroom on the shower rod.
2. I went to bed early, thus turning off all the lights in the house. I was really tired from my trip and was in bed by 8:30 on Monday.
3. I waited until I got up on Tuesday to plug in my cell phone, even though it was on the red low battery mark. This prevented it from being plugged in all night long.
4. Normally I use my bath towels twice before I wash them. However this week, when I took a shower on Wednesday morning I did not get to save my towel for Thursday. I was standing in front of the tub with the towel sort of around my hair when it fell into the tub. I have this indent in the middle of my tub where water stands so the towel pretty much just soaked all the dirty shower water up. I decided to use a new one for the next shower.
5. I went to Aldi's to pick up a few groceries, and figure that my savings were somewhere in the neighborhood of $3.00 over the grocery store across the street from my work. (I only spent a total of $15.14)
6. By turning the space heater off when it was not needed in the kitchen (and because of warmer weather), my power bill was about $100 less this month. This is wonderful as it was over $300 last month. The power bills in my area are brutal pretty much all year though.
7. I sold my minivan, leaving me with no need to cover it with insurance for sitting in my driveway. I called to get it removed from my policy. I received the paper to sign and return yesterday and mailed it back. I did not even have to pay postage as the company gave me a stamped envie to return it in.
So how did you save money this week?
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
This week, I've:
1. Done my errands on my drive home from work, not on my lunch hour - saving fuel.
2. Called local grocery store about catalina that did not print, they have a $10 giftcard waiting for me at customer service.
3. Charged my cellphone in the car on the way to and from work - saving home electricity bill
4. Made apple crisp, used up some soft apples, while cooking a roast - making the oven do double duty.
I don't usually give much thought to charging my phone in the car, I will have to start that! Thanks for another great idea, Chicagolandia!
Post a Comment