Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hallucinations?

I think I am having hallucinations.

Ok, I am going to share this with you all because I think (now) that it is funny. Last night after cleaning up a litte bit, I was really tired. I called my mom because she was going to possibly stop over after dinner at my sister's house. She said it was late and she was tired as well. All right, I can go to bed and don't have to wait up for her.
I get myself ready for bed, pat the kitties one last time and go curl up in bed. I had a couple of tealights burning in the living room. I know, I know, you should never leave a candle burning without supervision. Whatever, I do it all the time. If my house burns down you can tell me "I told you so". Then I'll probably take a swing at you. Anyway, tealights burning-gives my room a nice comfy little glow. I lay there and promplty fall asleep. That in itself is unusual. Then I do one of those jerky things - you know the one where you are just asleep and your leg jerks? So, it wakes me up and I look at the ceiling. THERE ARE DOZENS OF BUGS CRAWLING ACROSS MY CEILING! Talk about freaking out. I do not usually mind bugs, but they were right over the bed. I fling my covers back, fly out of bed, and race from the room. I turn on the halogen lamp in the living room and peek around the corner. There are no bugs. I look on the bed, on the floor, the walls, the ceiling again. No bugs. I go and get the flashlight from the kitchen, and shine it under the bed, no bugs. There. Are. NO. Bugs. Anywhere.
I turn out the light in the living room and realize the tealights are burning still. I look at the clock. I have only been in bed for like 20 minutes. I do believe that I was still dreaming when I woke up. That has never happened to me before. It was mongo weird, let me tell you. I guess that is what folks mean when they say they are dreaming but thought they were awake.
I know, it was from my tear ducts being overused this weekend....All the same, I think this is one tale I won't share with my ex and his atty...

6 comments:

spaghetti0625 said...

OMG, a similar thing happened to me years ago (maybe 7-8?) I was with my ex, so it was more then 5, that I know. So anywho, we watched The Blair Witch Project 2 and it wasn't scary at all, corny at best. So I guess we fell asleep and I remember waking up and a HUGE spider was coming down the ceiling and it was about to land right on my face! I ran out of bed screaming (still lived with my parents). Normally, I'd fall asleep and my boyfriend would go home but not wake me, he hardly slept over the whole night. So I freaked out. I was crying on top of the stairs and my dad came out of his room like 'WHAT is going on!?" i told him, and he's like 'Go back to bed!" Ugh. The light was on in my room and everything. So I went downstairs and called my boyfriend. Answering machine. DARN! Either he didn't hear the phone b/c he was sleeping or he hadn't gotten home yet. Then I sat on the couch crying. Then I hear by boyfriend whispering my name from the top of the steps. He's like 'What's going on?" He came down to console me until I got out what I had to say. He's like 'There is no HUGE spider in your room' I probably dreamt it and sleptwalked and woke up on top of the stairs when my dad came out. I did check the room for a big hairy spider, nothing.

I wasn't allowed to watch scary movies for a LONG time. About two years ago, I watched a scary movie and have been fine since LOL

Hope this story makes you realize you're NOT crazy!

Chicagolandia said...

Crazy things happen when you go to bed earlier. I tried to convince my mother of this for years...

Just call me Yankee said...

Chicago, I tried telling my mom stuff like that too and she never listened either.

Spaghetti, At least I willingly shared my story! No one was there to witness me! Except the cats and they'll never tell! I am glad that you can watch scary movies again. I love a good scary movie.

frugalsuz said...

LOL! I've had similar stuff happen to me before too. I think your body is almost in dreamland, but you're also still partly awake and your brain plays funny tricks on you.

Tishia said...

Yep been there before too - only mine was spiders (EEEEEK!) and they weren't crawling on the ceiling, they were crawling on me. Talk about having the heebie jeebies & not being able to go back to sleep. It's so freaky how it's so 'real' but yet it's not.

American Dreamer said...

Oh, this had me laughing! It's so funny what happens when we change routine. Last night I kept waking up every 2 hours dreaming about Obama's awful healthcare plan!