Apparently, I am really confused. I thought all day yesterday that it was Thursday. Soooo, I posted my Thursday post. So today, I will post my Wednesday post. This whole long weekend and day off thing is really messing with my head, especially after missing some days last week. I just don't know what day it is!
Without further ado: What to Cook Wednesday:
If you are like me, you still have oodles of potatoes left over from the sales a while back. I may never get through them all. So how about some potato salad?
I use whatever potatoes I have. If I am using the red potatoes I often leave the skin on for a pretty color contrast in the salad. I peel the brown ones.
6-8 potatoes
3-4 hard boiled eggs
celery
onion
mayo
mustard
Boil the potatoes until mostly done. You do not want them to be too soft or they won't hold their shape. When they are cool enough to handle cut them up into cubes. Dice up the hard boiled eggs. Take one celery stalk and dice it up or just slice into thin slices. How much onion you use will depend on whether it is a sweet onion or not and how much your family likes onion. I try to use sweet onions, and then will use about half or just a bit more but we like onions. Dice the onion. Throw in a bit of mustard, I use around 1 1/2 teaspoons. Then add the mayo. I just use a big tablespoon (not a measuring spoon though) and dump two in. Mix it up. It should be a creamy texture. If it seems too dry, just add a little bit more mayo. When you are done you should have a bowl of creamy yellowish-white potato salad.
I like to use the red potatoes, red(purple) onions, and the celery because then you have a wonderfully colorful salad.
Now someone enroll me in kindergarten so I can learn which day is which!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment