I have decided that I need to restart my diet. I keep saying that, I know. But now it is time. I am too ashamed to put my starting weight on here. I lost about 30 pounds two years ago on this diet and did really well until this past Christmas. I think I ate too many noodles, and cookies, and cakes, and, well, you get the idea. I actually don't have a scale at home, so I could not put an accurate starting weight on here. I think I will go ahead and put it out there. I weighed in at 190 at my last visit to the health department. That means I gained back everything that I lost the first time. I am going to spend some time today planning out my meals and get started tomorrow. I know that traditionally people start their diets on Monday's. Monday's don't work so well for me. I will try starting tomorrow and see where I go.
Any one out there interested in dieting together? We can either follow the same diet and I would gladly share my materials or try a different diet from mine and we can compare results. Let me know and we can hold ourselves accountable to one another and see if that helps us stick to it!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
DF and I just started our diet. SO far he has lost 20 lbs (in a month!!!), while I have gained 2 :( But I have more energy & my clothes fit better, so I like to think that I am just becoming more toned up ;)
We basically cut out all fast food, and all salt & sugar. The first week was hard, but then it got a lot easier. I just started cooking things without adding in any salt, but flavoring with other things instead. We drink Crystal Light lemonade instead of soda, and we try to drink about a gallon of water a day. Sweets have been cut out & we have melon or strawberries for dessert. Switch out ground turkey for hamburger, cut out most breads or switch to whole grains, and get veggies into as many meals as you possibly can.
Count me in! I'm on a low-fat/healthy veggie diet for now. Lots of salads (little dressing), some chicken and fish and lots of raw veggies to snack on during the day - peas, carots, radishes, apples, blueberries.
I restarted my diet on Sunday. I'd let myself regain 15 of the 45 lbs I'd lost in 2007! So far, so good. Good luck with yours!
Count me in! DH and I joined WW in April, he has lost 44lbs, I have lost 22..UGHHHH..Many, many more to go!
Ooty
Post a Comment