Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday

Go visit Keely over at the Un Mom for more Random Thoughts Tuesday. You can find her here:
http://www.theunmom.com/

My random thoughts for the day:

I have recently started reading the Stephanie Plum series. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard from reading a book. I think I will have to buy one or two to keep around the house in case I need a pick me up.

I am still reeling from this past weekend. I am totally glad it is over. Except now my family is already trying to plan another one. That scares me....

I wish we were having a real summer. It has been pretty cool here this summer. We had like one week of hot weather and that was it. I want some heat!

I had a lot of commotion at my house last night. I was playing on my new phone waiting for the time to call S. I could hear all the kids outside and decided it might be prudent to sit on the back porch for a bit. They were out there yelling and fighting with each other. Then fortunately they all separated. Some of the kids remained on the corner of my block being loud and obnoxious. Then one of the heathens spotted some buddies and took off running. Right through my yard. Now, I have been trying for the two+ years that I have lived here trying to keep the heathens out of my yard. I yelled for him to get out of my yard and got some smart ass remark about being sorry and he would not do it again. My response was yes I can see that. The other boys with him walked around my yard and told him to be respectful and not cut through other peoples yards. I wanted to go and give those boys gold stars or something. Anyway, this continued for most of the evening until it was dark. Then they tried hiding from me on the patio area of the church building next to me. When I started to go over there, they ran. Except apparently learning balance while running is next semester because two of the kids fell and one knocked the gutter off the side of the building. Of course they ran really fast after that. I called to let the church folks know the damage had been done. I went around the front to see which house they went into just for my knowledge. I went back in and started dishes. I could hear the kids yelling outside my kitchen and bathroom windows. I was going to ignore them until I heard them right under my bathroom window. I went outside only to see the police driving in the church parking lot behind my house. I went out to meet them and asked who finally called them. No one called them. The stupid little bas***** stole the window washers/squeegees from the gas station and ran right out in the road in front of the cops. They took off towards the church building and dropped the washers in my back yard. The cops asked me if the the gutter hanging off was new and I told him yes, and I knew which kids did it cuz I watched them. He thought I meant right then and I said no, they were hiding from me over by the building earlier and did it then. I of course knew which kids they were talking about, what clothes they were wearing and what they looked like, and most importantly which house they would be hiding out at. I told the cops what I knew and off they went. They were gone for a little bit and when they returned, I saw all the kids going off in different directions. It was quiet at my house for the rest of the night. I played on my phone-it has internet, so cool, I am really excited about that. Then I went to bed around 12:15. I could not sleep for a while so I tossed and turned. I fell asleep somewhere after 1 which is when I last looked at the time.

Work sucks. I don't really like my job all that much. Well, it is more that there are a couple of key players in my workplace that I don't like. I am annoyed because one co-worker in my office has been coughing and sick sounding for over a week, has not been to the doctor and just keeps hacking all over everything. I think this co-worker went to the doctor today. I hope anyway. The other ones that annoy me are just a couple of those people that are just cruel and mean. They are just not right as some folks would say. They make my job hard to do and make it miserable to come into work. For the most part, my office gets along really well. Just add in the crazy folks from the other offices and things go downhill.

I think that is all that has been rattling around in my brain for today. Now my brain is empty. You know, that is a good feeling for today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have read every single one of the stephanie plum books and inbetween the numbers mini books...some of the best fiction books ever!!!

Just be glad you started reading them now you got like 15 ahead of you...not like getting hooked then having to wait a yr for the next book

Really enjoyed your RTT and I am sorry work sucks

Keely said...

I love the Stephanie Plum books! I started reading them when a friend told me my writing style reminded her of them.

Sorry work sucks. Is assassination an option?

Chicagolandia said...

Those little hoodlums sound like some of the kids from my old neighborhood. I love the kids that yell obscenities at you as you drive past - simply because they're playing baseball in the street and you dare to drive there. What nerve of me?! I can feel your pain.
As for work, time to make them think twice before messign with you. In the course of one day, be achingly polite, ignore them, and be happy and jovial. I wonder if that would shock them into better behavior? Could be worth a try.